Mhicks

Adler 267

Came across 3 Adler 267's for sale at $750 each.  I don't plan on doing much leather stitching with them but I have a few canvas project's and a boat to reupholster and it seem's like it would fit the bill.

They are the grey body and still have clutch motor's.  $750 doesn't seem like a bad price but I'd appreciate any info.

Durkopp Adler 267 are seriously nice machines and worth considerably more than $750 in good condition, at least in my book. Check the subclass - the Durkopp Adler 267-373 is perhaps the most desireable one for general upholstery and leather type work. Some subclasses are specialty one-trick ponies and not desirable for general purpose work. They're well supported in terms of manuals and common parts availability like presser feet, throat plates, hooks, tension unit, etc. Some parts are available reasonably priced from quality aftermarket manufacturers like Kwok Hing, the OEM bits can add up quickly. Make sure the machine you pick is complete and turns over smoothly by hand.  Get a spare if you can afford it.

Here's a brochure that describes the various models in the Durkopp Adler 267 range: http://docs.uwe.net/Durkopp_Adler_267_leaflets.pdf

Thank you for the info I'm all but certain they are all  267-373 machines.  From the pictures you can just see the paint wear but I hope to go check them out this week.

I got a chance to go check out the machines today and with my limited knowledge they seem to be in good shape.  Where in service until about 3 months ago when the owners retired (he said they had 30+ machines) and everything looked in order.  Got a deal of two Adler 267's along with a Singer 107w zig zag machine for $1100 and they are going to give me a quick instruction on how to use the machines Friday when I pick them up.

I can't help but think of all the stuff I'll be able to sew now....

Congratulations on getting a great deal on some fine machinery! Only downside is that everything else will seem really expensive in comparison from now on ;)