I've made several belt and holster rigs, but this is the first fancy one I made, and I made it for myself. I used the pattern for the "Flames of Hell" rig from 3:10 to Yuma and modified a few things to my liking. I just wanted something to show off my work, and figured it would raise a few eyebrows when I strap the rig on and head out on my motorcycle for a nice ride. Holsters are 8/9oz leather lined with red suede and red 277 thread for the stitching. Holster is set up for crossdraw. The Mares leg is the gun that started me in this hobby. Belt is 2 layers of 8/9oz leather with 30 bullet loops for 45 Colt. I left flesh side out on the back side of the belt. I used vinegar black method to color the leather black. Neatsfoot oil and Feibings Aussie to finish everything. 

26815423_2225247740833953_3313589330477043329_n.jpg

18275278_2225247707500623_6952229835729802699_n.jpg

Great job, I'm sure you do get some looks.

Well, I'm sure I will, but have to wait until winter releases us bikers from its prison!

I sure hope that is veg tanned suede that you used for lining?  Nice rig not sure where you ride, but sure hope there gun friendly!

It is not veg. I do not store my guns in any of my holsters and keep them cleaned and well oiled. I am aware of the risks of using anything but veg tanned leather, but veg absorbs moisture from the air which isn't good for the gun finish either. The only reason I did these in red suede, was because I wanted a fancy look to them. I Normally use a 3/4oz veg tan for lining my holsters because it is nice and smooth on the inside when finished. I did think about using my normal lining and dying it red, but my sample piece just didn't do it for me. It just didn't have the pop I was after in the color. I am not even crazy about the using suede for lining in general anyway do to it being a surface that is able to catch and hold dirt and grit. Most of the dirt in a holster is going to be powder residue, and If I decide I am actually going to use this rig to shoot, I'll make 2 holsters lined with thin veg with only an oiled finish. 

As far as riding, most places I'd ride with the rig on would be no problem.