Sign in to follow this  
Lineets

Japanese Tooling Leather

My greeting to all leathercrafters!

I`m a new one here, as you see. I`ve already shown some of my work.

But here I want to talk about the Japanese Veg Tanned tooling leather. I tried it last autumn and I really liked it. It`s really amazing.

I ordered it directly from the factory.

To tell the truth I found it very suddenly. I was looking for the Himeji White Veg Tanned Leather, but still haven`t found it. Instead of it I found another factory which produces veg tanned leather

Is there anybody here who tried or used Japanese leather?

hey @lineets, would you know the website of the leather company? what is it exactly you like about the leather by the way? thanks!

s

19 hours ago, SonderingSusan said:

hey @lineets, would you know the website of the leather company? what is it exactly you like about the leather by the way? thanks!

s

Hi, @SonderingSusan! Of course I know the website cause I found it by myself. It`s http://sanyotan.co.jp/

I liked carving and stamping. The swifel knife slides very easily. Cuts are smooth. Leather keeps water for a very long time that`s why it`s not nessesery to add moisturing durig the process.

I took 2 sorts of thier leather - full grain and corrected grain. I liked corrected grain more because there aren`t any scars on the face

The flesh side is also smooth and it looks like face.

But this leather is little specific because of its colour. It`s not beige like Hermann Oak. It`s yellow.

That`s why dyeing may have some difficulties. Many colours are darker on it