Sign in to follow this  
whinewine

Jerry Stripper replacement blades

For those of you who have the tool called the Jerry Stripper, you all know that replacement blades can be difficult to find. The standard, commonly available blades (like Stanley) are all too long to fit the tool. AC Moore carries Xacto blades (#X292) which are shorter, and are exactly the right size for the Jerry Stripper. Their cost is $3.49 per 5-pack, but if you register at WWW.ACMOORE.COM , they will email you weekly coupons of 40% (usually) or 50% (often) off any one regular priced item, so your final cost can be as low as $1.75 per pack. It's a lot easier than searching the web & paying inflated shipping charges on top of the cost of the blades.

Btw, AC Moore does also sell some Tandy stuff, too, sometimes at closeout prices.

Edited by whinewine

Whinewine,

Do you like the Jerry Stripper? I'm thinking of getting one.

Ed

Ed:It's got advantages, it's got disadvantages. I use one very little (I don't do braidings, but I have used it to cut strips & strings, & it's fine with that). If you need it to cut stuff into strings & strips, it's fine. I look at it as a potentially useful & useable tool: if you need it & have it, it's a blessing; if you need it & don't have it, you're kinda screwed.

BTW, I have one extra (it's only got black spacers & none of the white & the casting is more crude than some, but if someone wants it, I'll sell it for $25 + cost of postage to wherever zip. I'll even include 5 extra blades over & above what's in it [it's got 15 blades already installed .

Thanks. russ

Edited by whinewine