Sign in to follow this  
nickgriffe

Vertical Bifold Wallet - First Project

Hello,

I was looking around on the forum and on other websites for a good beginner project to get started in working with leather, and I found that wallets are usually a good place to start. I did some digging and decided that I would try to make a vertical bifold design. So far I am considering purchasing vegetable tanned leather, either 2 or 3 oz, probably about 2 square feet, and some nylon thread. I know I need some dye and other product to prepare the leather but am having a tough time choosing that and other tools that ill need. I was wondering if anyone had any advice for me in starting this project, including which tools would be best, what common mistakes most people make, what online stores I should purchase from, and any other tips that will help me complete this project. Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Check out MakeSupply Leather online and from their site you can purchase numerous wallet templates and they have tutorials on their site that give a pretty detailed tools/supply list. Same goes for Makers Leather Supply. They have templates on their site and have a YouTube channel with tutorials on making wallets.

Edited by bgl500

3 hours ago, bgl500 said:

Check out MakeSupply Leather online and from their site you can purchase numerous wallet templates and they have tutorials on their site that give a pretty detailed tools/supply list. Same goes for Makers Leather Supply. They have templates on their site and have a YouTube channel with tutorials on making wallets.

Thank you!