Jlev111

Replacing Timing Belt Juki LU562

Hey there guys! 

I just picked up a Juki Lu562! I was excited, and found out I’d need to replace the timing belt. I haven’t been able to find any info about how to fix it. The manual is hard to understand. Any tips, or videos that demonstrate the removal of a timing belt on an Lu562?

That's not a simple task. The closest thing to a video is this one (https://youtu.be/TIxQViDgL1c) showing the procedure for a Singer 111W. On your Juki LU-562, you also have to remove your reverse handle bar.  If you're new to sewing machines, I'd recommend paying a capable mechanic to replace the belt. If you're mechanically inclined and you can live with the machine being down for a few days or weeks or forever, you can start exploring.

Thanks Uwe! That worked wonders. Any tips on reinserting the spring? Also I had to realign the feet on the machine. Now the presser foot is not moving at all... any tips? 

On 9/30/2018 at 4:35 PM, Uwe said:

That's not a simple task. The closest thing to a video is this one (https://youtu.be/TIxQViDgL1c) showing the procedure for a Singer 111W. On your Juki LU-562, you also have to remove your reverse handle bar.  If you're new to sewing machines, I'd recommend paying a capable mechanic to replace the belt. If you're mechanically inclined and you can live with the machine being down for a few days or weeks or forever, you can start exploring.