ZigZag

Machine Timing - best order of adjustment

I have recently been asked to go over Singer 211 that has been donated to a charity I volunteer at working with recycling old sails and marine canvas to help disadvantaged kids. It looks like the timing is all over the shop so I’m starting with the belt timing top to bottom shafts, which is pretty straight forward. My question is where to go next to make sure I work through all adjustments in the correct order. It seemed to make sense to make along to the feed dog, but there again maybe not. Is there a best practice order of working through a machine. After this one I have 4 singer 111’s,  a pfaff 563, a reads sailmaker, and a singer 99 that all need checking over. 

Thanks for any pointers. I have manuals etc and have worked successfully on my own machines. I guess I’m looking for a 1-10 order of attack.

Nick

so when you have the 211 manual you have everything you need for adjustments. ;) The manual gives you the order.