Edgydave

Hello from Surrey, British Colombia, Canada

Hello leatherworking community! My name is Dave Lewis, sometimes known as Edgy Dave! I’m new to leatherworking just started about 6 months ago. I’m a woodworker at heart, a carver and whittler as well as having done carpentry and some furniture making, cabinetry and so on. But I was diagnosed with lupus a number of years ago and the physical stress on my body for woodworking has just become too much. I stumbled into a Tandy store near where I moved and was instantly addicted! I can still do carving, tooling and so on, make functional, satisfying, projects, and keep myself occupied. I live on disability so I have nothing but time on my hands and as a recovering alcoholic, I need to keep busy. I’ve finally reached a point where I can start selling some of my stuff. I’m an avid knife collector so knife sheaths are my specialty, but I’m also making a few other things like belts, card wallets, wrist straps, heavy duty cell phone holsters and so on. Things I’d actually use myself. Well, maybe not the wrist straps but ya gotta make a buck, right? And they are cool, I carve skull and things on them for practice. I’m not much of a photographer but I have a few pics I’m willing to share. I’m really looking for criticism, where to improve, what’s good, what’s bad, that kind of thing. And I’d like real criticism, be tough! Fair but tough. I need to learn and am self taught, I even have made a bunch of my own tools from dental instruments, nut pickers, old carving tools and so on. Personally, I feel that if you can make it, you should! Just a personal thing.

Thanks for taking the time to meet me online,

Dave

P.S. - damn photos are too big! Have a look at mightytoughsheaths.ca but the site’s not really ready for public consumption yet, I’m doing that myself as well and my web developing skills are way out of date!

Welcome Dave, I am sure you will find the forum very interesting and helpful