Sign in to follow this  
bjornmansion

Wet form a cup in one piece

Hi

Just found this excellent site. As someone wrote; "I've learned more here in one hour than days looking at Youtube". I,m a newbie  in this area. Builed an Axe and a sheath a year ago and after that it become a hobby. But the more I do the more I realize that leather Craft isn't just a walk in the park. Respect to everyone here that master this nobel art.

I'm going to make a cup/Dice cup/snuffbox. I read a post by "Tugadude" regading a dice cup made a long time ago and suddenly I got scared. But that's my goal... Question:

How should I do to secure a flat base?

If I use the original snuffbox (copy in Wood as well as the outside) as the inside mould, how should I avoid it don't become to big (it's supposed to fit a snuffbox without falling of. I will also do a lid  that shall fit the outside the upper edge of the snuffbox. Of course, the dimensions are vital but if there are any tips how to do it right in the first place or if necessary expand/shrink one or both pieces, I would appriciate it very much.

My last dilemma is when to tooling and when to forming. I've read alot about this question here but all are related to quite complicated items. All carving/tooling planed is on the top lid. An easy symbol made with a swivel and a bevel.   

Tanks in advance

Best regardsBjorn