MilitaryCollector

Beginner onboard.

Hello all, I'm new to leather working and want to learn more. I'm from cold and snowy Canada. 

Right now, my 1st project is a wallet kit from tandy. Any tips/tricks/ideas I can pick up will help me. 

I'm also interested in making knife sheaths for myself, belts, stamped items, and shoes as I grow more experienced.

Welcome aboard!  Take some time to view stitching videos by Nigel Armitage and Ian Atkinson.  If I had seen their tutorials my first few projects would have turned out a lot better!  They also demonstrate several crucial skills in the proper manner.  Nigel especially explains most of the popular stitching tools, showing their capabilities, which size threads work best with them, etc.

When you need help we are happy to offer guidance, don't be shy.  We are (mostly) gentle folks around here.

There are lots of threads on here where newbies ask your same question.  Search for them.  Questions such as what tools should a beginner purchase, etc.. 

Good luck!

Edited by Tugadude

Thanks Tugadude.