MaryLee

Can anyone identify this tiny mystery part of a Pfaff 545

To begin - a big thank you to all the knowledgeable people who share their expertise and excellent sense of humor on this website! Can't imagine attempting anything related to these big machines without you!

So...I'm hoping someone knows the answer to my question. I recently acquired a Pfaff 545 H3 - 6/01 CLMN (whatever that all means). I bought it with the intent to sell. It came with the entire table set up as well as three huge bobbins. It was covered in dust but no rust and the underside looked good (meaning clean, no rust and no oil build-up). It sews - very well, I might add. It's freaking amazing is what is it. Huge, powerful, and I'm finding it relatively easy to work on in terms of cleaning and understanding the functions of all the parts.

I took off the tension assembly in the front - all the pieces came off. I took photos so that I could remember where everything went. When I removed the metal plate that held the two tensioners in place (part #91-000 412-25 on the diagram), there was another piece of black metal screwed to the back of it (#91-010 186-15) . Then when I unscrewed that piece to take it off to clean it, I heard that dreaded sound of metal hitting the floor. A teensy tiny metal rod (#91-010 185-05  ) had fallen out and I haven't a clue as to where it goes or what it does on the machine. It's circled in red on the parts diagram, but there is no indication of where it goes or how it attaches.        

Is there someone out there who can help? Thanks in advance!

IMG_6157-001_LI.jpg

PfaffPartSnip.png

The little stud is the tension release stud. It goes inside the hollow threaded post upon which the tension parts reside.