weepingdragon

Large areas of stamping (like basketweave)

Does anyone have any tricks for getting a large field of geometrics/basketweave without skew? Doing large areas has always been my bugga-boo, after about the 3rd-4th row my pattern does weird things and getting to line up again does not make for happy times.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance

I am no expert but I have found that really slowing down and making sure the stamp placement is exactly where I want it helps.  Also I try to stamp at a repeatable angle to a reference line, for example I have basket stamped a couple of holsters and I do 45 degrees from the vertical line at the front edge of the holster.  I use a plastic triangle and lightly scribe lines to line the stamps on, sometimes each row sometimes every couple of rows.  Also I have started using one of the round combination magnifying glass and light, this really helps with stamp placement.  I have found both slowing down and using scribed lines when there is any doubt about where to put the stamp really helps.

Todd

Edited by Hildebrand
Forgot some info