cdthayer

FS - 1915 Singer 29-4 & Treadle Stand

I don’t know the history of this locally-found universal feed sewing machine, except that it was stored inside when I first saw it and has remained that way.  It is serial number G3964907, and uses 29x4 or 29x3 needles and 8604 bobbins.  It had been puttered with by someone (perhaps a child?) that removed many parts that could be removed without tools, including the shuttle. All parts have been replaced including a used genuine Singer shuttle and a new round leather drive belt.  Maximum unassisted stitch length on embroidered patch over garment leather is 7-8 SPI (Stitches Per Inch) indicating obvious wear on a 100+ year old machine showing its age.

The wooden pitman rod was missing and has been replaced with a used Singer wooden pitman rod.  The stand is missing the parts drawer.

The unit is serviced and ready to sew (outfitted with 29x3-18 needle & Tex90 thread top & bottom) and can be test-sewn prior to purchase.  A threading wire is included.  It is being stored inside my recently closed (May 2019) retail sewing shop.

Price is $450US for the unit. All items are as-is, pickup only at my retail shop in downtown Frederick Oklahoma (USA) by appointment, no shipping.  All sales are final.  No returns, no warrantees.  (Frederick is approximately 29 miles north of Vernon Texas, 20 miles from US Hwy 287, and approximately 67 miles NW of Wichita Falls Texas.)

Please post questions to this thread or by PM.

CD in Oklahoma

Machine616_10.jpg

Machine616_11.jpg

Machine616_12.jpg

Machine616_13.jpg

Machine616_15.jpg

Moderators - Please retire this listing to the “Old Sold” thread.  It is no longer available.  I doubt that I can ever get $450 for it.  I’m thinking seriously about turning it into a yard ornament.  I think I can maybe even mount a bird feeder on it without much trouble.

CD in Oklahoma

What would the cost to ship to zip code 98531 be. I'm very interested