new west

Suede fringe

Anyone know of a machine that cuts suede fringe that's not to expensive?  I am trying to design some purses and most of my time is being spent hand cutting is fringe strip.

"Not too expensive" is an awfully relative term.

I have zero experience with such a tool, but I note "Table Top Lace Cutter's" floating around the interwebs for about $50. That may suit your purpose/budget.  

I'd post a link, but I'm posting from my phone, and Google links always seem to be 3 miles long, whenever I try to share one...

When I make a pair of chaps or anything else using fringe, . . . my fringe is cut all in one piece, . . . gave up long ago trying to make smaller pieces of fringe all line up right and hang correctly.

I found the template for this a number of years ago, . . . this is what I use with a 2 1/4 inch rotary knife, . . . and a lot of care.  

I can cut about 8 inches a minute with this, . . . and you will have to spend some big $$$$ to get a lot faster than that.

The one picture gives you the idea how to make it, . . . the one I use mostly is in the other picture, . . . the center one.

May God bless,

Dwight

fringe cutter 3.jpg

fringe cutter.jpg