TomG

Broken screw

12 minutes ago, nylonRigging said:

Ya most definitely don't want to muscle and pry to hard till you get a word from someone mechanical current on that model who has done it before . It Eats a lot of downtime hours with your time on this kind of problem caused by a tiny little part like a broken screw .

Things been going real smooth for me last couple years with machine mechanics, I hate to say anything positive in Fear I will bad JuJu Jinx myself . I been threw that broken screw on needle rod before on other machines , and I remember a couple years back I had the tension push pin lever on machine come loose in mid stride, and jam up, and get bent around, all from it's mount screw working loose . I had to remove and reassemble half the working mechanical guts out behind face-plate to even get my fingers to it, was a PIA for sure .

Been there. done that on a few mechanical machines. Like I said.. unless I KNOW it's a press fit, I check with others who might know.
I just finished installing the new bar and did OK. It took a little experimenting to figure out how to reassemble, since a couple of parts did not want to cooperate :o.
The main issue was the very tight tolerances on one of the sliding bars behind the rocking arm. Had to take abreak and ease up on my back, but now going to check the hook timing.
Later