My Dad and I years ago decided to do our family genealogy. While doing this I found out a pretty interesting things. One being my Great Grandfather William Schwebel on my Grandma's side was a harness maker in Neoga, Illinois. He then moved North to Davenport, Iowa where he worked at the Rock Island Arsenal. it's funny to think  I might be making the very same stuff my Great Grandfather was making all those years ago. What the ironic thing there was a Gentleman(can't remember who it was) on here years ago who had the pattern of a M1911-A1 holster, which I quickly downloaded because that is my carry of choice. I started talking with him privately come to find out he has all the leather patterns from the RIA. It was a few years later when I found out about my Great Grandfather.

mag2.jpg

mag3.jpg

mag1.jpg

The one thing I could not find on this build was the brass eagle button, so I used some Military surplus lift the dot instead.

24 minutes ago, wizard of tragacanth said:

Great story and nice work!

nick

Thanks Nick