Jerry173

Tippman Boss user groups

I just ordered a Tippman Boss and was wondering it there were any user groups out there that can guide me along. Thanks in advance.

Jerry

Don't know about user groups and I don't own one myself but there are many videos on YouTube.

Have you had a look at those?

I found this one a couple of weeks ago, just wanted to learn more about them.

nick

Edited by wizard of tragacanth

The boat anchor is a great machine, . . . can be a tad finnicky at times, . . . but I've had mine for something near 15 years now, . . . will sell it when I cash in my leatherworking chips, . . .  but until then it is my "baby" for sewing.

If you get one, . . . you can do like the guy did in the above video, . . . build you a better table for the machine, . . . it will save you some grief.  I used mine without a table for a number of years, . . . messed up one expensive holster, . . . got my table, . . . but like him, I built my own.

I mainly do belts, holsters, cell phone cases, and knife sheaths, . . . but I've done a bunch of other stuff with it too, . . . including bouncy houses, tents, tarps, whatever.  Best thing is I can take it anywhere practically and use it as it needs no electric power.

I settled on a thread size of 346 for all that I do, . . . set the machine for that, . . . works good.

If you live near Ft. Wayne, Indiana, . . . you are really good, . . . that's the plant, . . . guy in there named Ben, . . . he's tops on working on em, . . . if I have a problem, I load mine in the Jeep, . . .  I'm there in 2 1/2 hours, . . . he's been called ahead of time, . . . he clears his bench and "does his thing", . . . I take a fixed machine back home.

Look out on Ebay, . . . there is usually one, . . . this one is newer than mine:  https://www.ebay.com/itm/Used-Tippmann-Boss-Leather-Sewing-Machine/202781236432?epid=26034600462&hash=item2f36b41cd0:g:0q0AAOSwcghdgYt5

Best wishes to you, . . . may God bless,

Dwight

new shop first belt 022514.jpg