Sign in to follow this  
Kovac

Adler 105-25 and Adler 30-6

Hello there. 

I was wondering can I get abit of information about these machines, since I can pick them up fairly cheap from a local mechanic. 

What is their thickness range for sewing leather, any manuals someone willing to share, and in general are they machines worth getting?

Thank you for your help

ADLER 30 6.jpg

ADLER 105 25.jpg

The 30-6 Adler (if not mistyped) is the same as the 30-5 but was originally fitted with a tape binder attachment. It has a small  hook but is using the longer 332 LONG needles so you should be able to sew approx 10mm thick max.. But keep in mind, this is a patcher machine not a heavy duty leather stitcher. It´s meant for repairing ( patching things like shoes, boots, bags, pouches and small repairs on different other things - in best case the stitch length ranges between 4-5mm but could be less depending on the wear but overall condition seems to be very nice.

This is not a 105-25 - this is rather a 5-25 (the predecessor of the 105) or someone put a "fake label or badge" on it. For more details a picture of the backside of this machine would be interesting to see. However the Adler class 5 or 105 usually can sew approx 12mm material. If it really is a 25 subclass it has bottom feed and a driven top feed with independent stitch length adjustment for top and bottom feed - its quite special.

You can downland a Adler 105 leaflet with technical information here

http://sew24.blogspot.com/2012/02/vintage-leaflets-for-adler-sewing_23.html

But as I said - the shown machine is an Adler 5 - not 105.

Edited by Constabulary

Hey, thank you for your help. I thought about it and got a new pfaff 335 from a dealer. Considering i have little experience with machine maintenance I figured it'd save me alot of time if i get something with warranty and a tehnician to help with whatever i need.