andreica

Pfaff 1245 threading

hi all

I could really use your help here. This is my first encounter with this kind of machine and I am somewhat intimidated by it. More so because of the fact that I have no one anywhere near me to ask for direct help or to fix something if I mess up.

It is a pfaff 1245 (706 i believe but I will check later) and the parts the thread goes through don't look like any of the videos I found or manuals I looked at. The double thing (don't know how it's called and too frustrated and tired to check the manual now) on the second pic is confusing me additionally.

I have a bottom feed industrial, my only experience with industrial machines and this is a whole other world. I am a bit lost and frustrated  

I have threaded it since taking the pics and it sews but I would really like to know the correct way.

Thank you so much for your time.

20200708_023426.jpg

20200708_023414.jpg

20200708_023356.jpg

Someone put a double needle tension on your machine & cut one of the posts off(on the rightside),you can see the marks, so when you thread it on the lower discs put it through the one on the back so the thread runs straight.

I couldn't find a 1245 manual but the threading is the same as this manual which you must have right or else it wouldn't be sewing.

Pfaff 141, 143, 145, 151, 153; 142, 144, 146 Instruction Manual.pdf

15 minutes ago, CowboyBob said:

Someone put a double needle tension on your machine & cut one of the posts off(on the rightside),you can see the marks, so when you thread it on the lower discs put it through the one on the back so the thread runs straight.

I couldn't find a 1245 manual but the threading is the same as this manual which you must have right or else it wouldn't be sewing.

Pfaff 141, 143, 145, 151, 153; 142, 144, 146 Instruction Manual.pdf

Thank you so much, I realized someone has modified it with something else just wasn't sure what it was. That double row of knobs (excuse the non tech noob) was what threw me most when threading.

Thank you for the manual, it helps a lot, I looked for other models hoping to see one that has the tension know setup more like this one but it never occurred to me to look at double needle ones.

And honestly I have no idea why it hasn't since it seems logical 

Thank you!