Mrstsb

A Big Thank You To ...

First of all a big thank you to Matt S, Uwe and Trox for their help with sourcing and setting up the replacement Bobbin Case Opener recently.  I don't think I could have got my Adler 67 up and running properly without all your help.  Also I can highly recommend Daniel at Hartley Sewing Machines in the West Midlands for any parts.

I wanted to show the pictures of how the machine is now sewing.  To my very untrained eye the stitches look fine and the machine is not jamming up and seems happy with whatever is asked of it.  I've looked at loads of pictures on the net of stitches and sewing on leather and I do like the way some seem to have a stitch that is more defined.  I mean each stitch is visible, with almost a gap in between and not stitches that run into each other. I hope I'm explaining it right!  It could be down to the needle type and/or thread. I've just been practicing with the needles and thread that came with the machine up to now.  The needles are Nm 140/22 and 100/16 both are Type R, DP x 5  and No. 40 Thread. Anyway please have a look and I'd love to hear your thoughts for 'improvements' or observations.  I'm happy to learn.1stitches.thumb.jpg.307c04e536c682f8858aaf5645f6f595.jpgstitches2.thumb.jpg.d899d14c18c5b7ea6b8d795738dbea00.jpg