Sign in to follow this  
Losek

Cheers from Poland!

Hi there!
I think it'd be fair to mention that I am absolutely green when it comes to leatherworking, although I had a chance to work manually with some other, easier to obtain materials. I decided to try something more serious and challenging, and thus I landed here. I'm planning to use leather primarily in cosplay - something I'd love to try and that is yet unknown for me. It might sound unusual as cosplay usually uses cheaper materials and could very much work even with paper, but I always disliked "fake" and "impractical" outfits - I'd rather lose a lil' bit of faithfulness to the character and gain a lot on often neglected credibility. I feel that sometimes changes can be very subtle, and yet they can make tremendous difference.
For now I'm lurking around - checking on all advices and ideas, preparing for my first project. I'd love to start my leatherworking journey with some simple, non-ornamented arm guards, fitted boot covers and loose shoulderpads. I do realize that it's a lot for a beginner, but I'm approaching that challenge bearing in mind that this profession takes dedication and patience. Hopefully I will succeed eventually!

You may want to check out Prince Armory and his YouTube channel.  There are patterns to be found on the website, and video tutorials on YouTube.   Most of his work is pretty fancy, but there is no reason why you can't use that as a jumping off point for what you want to make if armor strikes your fancy!

- Bill

I will definitely check on that, thank you billybopp. I also realized that DeviantArt has plenty of examples that are not too flashy and that also look realistic enough.