OldguardleatherDaddy1990

Need assistance With Grommet Machine Press Dies

So, I've only just begun, I ordered one of these generic press machines, which came with #0,#2, and #4 dies suited for eyelets. Realizing that I also needed dies for Line 20 size eyelets, rivets, and snaps, I thought i'd head to ebay to find some, however for the life of me, I could NOT make heads or tails of all the different numbers, If someone who has one of these generic machines could help me as far as determining the right size dies, and also perhaps an explanation of what the measurements actually mean it would be super helpful. I spent the better part of 6 hours yesterday trying to figure this out, including looking at old threads here, so I figure perhaps I need to just ask. Thanks in advance.
-D

s-l1600.jpg

Looks like a M8–19mm machine, meaning top die has 8mm diameter metric screw threads and bottom die shank is 19mm diameter.  Get yourself a metric ruler and verify.  Assuming my guess is right... this is a very common size.

image.png.fb3fc7f71d8b18d81bcf641455838951.png

image.png.3810c008bbce746bf9cee3802fefdf38.png

For example, here's a collection of dies on eBay that fit M8–19mm machines:   https://www.ebay.com/c/13007373525 (I know absolutely nothing about the quality of the dies, nor the integrity of the seller —this is only an example).

Sellers should be able to provide measurements upon request (many include them as part of the listing).

34 minutes ago, ButtonLady said:

Looks like a M8–19mm machine, meaning top die has 8mm diameter metric screw threads and bottom die shank is 19mm diameter.  Get yourself a metric ruler and verify.  Assuming my guess is right... this is a very common size.

image.png.fb3fc7f71d8b18d81bcf641455838951.png

image.png.3810c008bbce746bf9cee3802fefdf38.png

For example, here's a collection of dies on eBay that fit M8–19mm machines:   https://www.ebay.com/c/13007373525 (I know absolutely nothing about the quality of the dies, nor the integrity of the seller —this is only an example).

Sellers should be able to provide measurements upon request (many include them as part of the listing).

Thank you! This is the piece of information I needed to make sense of this issue! 
-D

7 hours ago, OldguardleatherDaddy1990 said:

Thank you! This is the piece of information I needed to make sense of this issue! 

I'm so glad!  Best of luck with your new endeavor.  Machine die acquisition can be addictive (hence my extensive collection)... :wacko: