AKtrapper

545 H3 lower foot just goes back and forth

Hello,  I have a question regarding a pfaff 545 H3 that I have,  I've notice that on the 1245 the lower foot raises and lowers as it goes back and forth and my 545 H3 doesn't.  I checked and there is no mechanism to mechanically do this so I'm assuming this is normal for my Model?  I'm wondering however if there are accessory parts I could purchase to upgrade it?

Pfaff built many subclasses of the 545. Some of them do not have vertical feed dog movement, usually on machines intended for binding operations. While it’s technically possible to replace parts to add that function, the chances of you finding the necessary parts are slim to none. Just enjoy the machine as it is for now. You may never notice the subtle difference in real life sewing. 

The you Uwe,  I should have called it a feed dog not a lower foot.  I do enjoy this machine and have used it for over 10 years not even noticing the feed dog had no vertical movement.  I'll keep using it and it will keep producing nice stitches for me I'm sure.