LanceR

New from Pinnacle, North Carolina

Hello and best wishes to all

I've been lurking for some time while trying to figure out my next steps in the sewing world and as I want to make some stuff with several layers of heavy fabric and leather I've been spelunking around the internet in search of enlightenment.  Which led me here....

I have a Necchi BU Mira, a beautifully made 1950s Italian made machine in an industrial type table with an old school Atlas clutch motor that I cleaned up and made  a new friction disc for that is fine for lighter stuff and punches well above its weight on occasional heavy webbing and multiple layers of pack cloth and lighter canvas and duck.  But I want to start into heavier things by making some portage packs for canoe trips starting with something similar to the Duluth #30-70 Utility 84 liter pack and working up to something like the #4 Monarch 84 liter pack.  Both involve leather straps and backing pads that the Necchi would not be a good candidate for so I just brought a Consew 226R-2 home yesterday to use while I learn more about where I'm headed in sewing and leather-craft.

https://www.duluthpack.com/products/3-70-utility-84l

https://www.duluthpack.com/products/4-monarch-79l

So, thanks for having me and I look forward to being here.

Best regards to all,

Lance Robson

Edited by LanceR