Sign in to follow this  

new seat

Freak,

I'm sorry to tell you that I do have a day job also, I am a patent illustrator for the Procter & Gamble Company. It is a profession that I've been in for the last 38 years. Seats are what I do instead of television in the evening. But, to make you feel better, my son helps by doing all my leather cutting for me. That is a real time saver for me.

Dave Theobald

Edited by David

Hey Freak,

Thanks for the nice words. The really mean a lot to me.

They don't put them on all their bikes, mainly because I can only make 80-90 per year. Their production is more like 300 per year I believe. Every distributor is assured of getting at least some of their bikes with custom seats on them. I'm not sure of much other than that. The owner seems to like them so I keep making as many as I can.

It is good tooling practice.

Dave Theobald

sps makes 300 bikes a year? wow. I know they have been selling franchises and what not, but i had no idea they were doing that much. So, my next question would be, who's making the other 220 seats?

Edited by Kevin King

I don't know if they ever intended to put custom seats on all bikes and the 300 number was a goal that was mentioned to me....don't know how close they are coming....but they are opening a number of distributors all over the country and seem to be doing very well. Their production numbers are not something they share with the seat maker.... :biggrin: They are a great bunch of guys who gave me a chance at something I really like doing. Can't say enough nice things about them.

Dave