Sign in to follow this  
JustWakinUp

help me thread this thing

Ok, the machine finally has been assembled and I appear to be having a problem with the threading.

The thread seems to "ALWAYS" pop out of the Thread Controller then gets wrapped around it in a funky manner and eventually pops the thread.

Anyone have a 618-1sc they can help me thread this thing, i may be doing something awfully wrong and I don't want to harm my shiny new machine.

The very quickest solution to your problem is to dial 888 838 1408 and ask for Steve. He will talk you through your problem while you are sitting at the machine, assuming you have a portable phone. Is your machine the 618-1sc or the 618-1scLTHR? Jerry and Steve are super at solving problems.

Paul

Edited by sheathmaker

Funny you mention steve.

I spoke with him last nite, he's at some trade show though. I had to talk with Tom this afternoon but we put our brains together and figured out that it was the little finger like thing in the rear of the thread controller that had too much gap which was allowing the thread to pop out. Thanks