Boriqua

30 Degree Cant ..help! Im Stuck

Hey Guys

I come to the well once again. I am trying to make a cross draw holster for a 3" 1911. Cool so far but ... Im trying to get a 30 degree cant and I am at wits end. I have been working on just getting a pattern all day. I was trying a pancake but I am not married to it and would be just as happy with an avenger style holster. I dont even know what to ask except .. anyone have any ideas on how to accomplish this. Not terribly difficult on a longer gun but I am stumped with this 3 in 1911. I put up a picture of where I landed up but you can see the belt slots are not even and I didnt want to go all the way up into the grip.

Thanks all

Alex

]post-38507-0-26900000-1390442339_thumb.j

Edited by Boriqua

getting into the beltline is a tradeoff for that type of crossdraw. I dont even mess with them

Eliminate the belt slot at the grip. Instead use a belt tunnel on the back of the holster. It is like a backwards avenger style holster. So fold the leather over the trigger guard. Still keep the belt slot at the barrel. Hope this makes sense. You can shoot me an email at haysholsters@hotmail.com and I can see if I can find a picture of a holster like this.

I recently made a crossdraw for a friend and after having the same issue as yourself, went with the avenger style. It was for a 5" 1911 and was for a guy that is 5'8" and 145 pounds. It was not very comfortable for him. I'm not a big fan of crossdraws for the same reasons they are not allowed in IDPA. Just my 2 pennies.

You may want to google Carjacker, . . . look at that style.

This is the type I do for those who need a crossdraw.

May God bless,

Dwight

cross draw.jpg

post-6728-0-93718200-1391519463_thumb.jp

Made one for a customer a while ago. Makes the holster wider, but apparently fits him OK.

DSCN1056_zpsbdee40bf.jpg

I finally went ahead with a reverse avenger style something or other. Sure I am not the first person in the world to dream it up. Whew this was tough. I hadnt seen a protractor since high school. Im trying to start making my holsters more compact so they can be slide back and forth on the belt more. I have a pancake I made for myself years ago and I noticed when I get in my wifes car I would like to slide it forward and then slide it back when I get out but there isnt much room because of the spacing of the belt loops. I think I will be doing more Avenger style holsters. Thank you everyone for your help !!!

Lizard%203.jpg

I finally went ahead with a reverse avenger style something or other. Sure I am not the first person in the world to dream it up. Whew this was tough. I hadnt seen a protractor since high school. Im trying to start making my holsters more compact so they can be slide back and forth on the belt more. I have a pancake I made for myself years ago and I noticed when I get in my wifes car I would like to slide it forward and then slide it back when I get out but there isnt much room because of the spacing of the belt loops. I think I will be doing more Avenger style holsters. Thank you everyone for your help !!!

Lizard%203.jpg

What a beautiful holster and unique look.

Cool. I won't have to change the pattern much.kMzsAoV.jpg

Would love to see both those holsters from the back and on a belt. Good looking holsters

Would love to see both those holsters from the back and on a belt. Good looking holsters

Here is the back. I cant show it on a belt because it was done for someone else out of state but I hope to get pix of the gun in the holster. Maybe I can get him to take a pic on the belt for me.Here is the back.

Lizard%20back.jpg

VQCjWW2.jpgThe holster was made for my youngest boy for field carry. It has a slight competition slant. The holster, as you can see in this picture has a "normal" back piece as in a western or speed rig.

Hey that turned out pretty slick. I have made several of these for large revolvers too. Hope the picture I sent helped.