MADMAX22

Holster lining, do you treat it?

Hey guys I get the idea of some holster making atleast the general principle which is just enough to get into trouble it seems.

Anyways I was thinking of using two layers since I was gonna try a inlay anyways and from my understanding alot of you like to mate the flesh sides so you have a nice smooth inside layer.

Now the question is do you guys treat/oil/seal or anything to the oil on the inside layer. I figured a little oil for the leather and should be good to go but then I dont know too terribly much yet.

Max, when I do mine, I dye and seal it the same as the outside with Fiebings Leather Sheen. When I line with deerskin or pigskin I use it naturally.Dave

Thanks for the info. Think Ill give it a try.

If you plan to case and bone the holster, don't oil it. It will cause the hoslter to lose its shape, and therefore lose its retention. As Dave said, sealing the inside of the holster is fine when you're using smooth leather. If you plan to line with a softer skin, make sure it isn't chrome tanned as that can hurt the gun's finish.