Molacuk

Elf Body Armour

Hey, first post for a new member

Looking to make some elf ranger body armour for larp, wondering if anyone has any patterns for armour with shoulders. This will be my first attempt at leather working so any hints and tips is defiantly worth while for me.

this is the kind of final look i would like to get to

4e1.jpg

My daughter has asked me to make a Tauriel costume from Lord of the Rings for her to wear to Comi-Con. I'll see what I've sketched up so far and post it. The plans I made, however, were to her size and she's a tiny thing. If this is your first attempt, I would suggest you cut whatever patterns you do come up with out of this stuff and make sure it fits. before you invest in much more costly leather

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002JPV85K/ref=s9_simh_se_p201_d0_i2?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=search-desktop-advertising-no-results-center-1&pf_rd_r=0VZ2GSMRP1V6XXTKR88K&pf_rd_t=301&pf_rd_p=1912906122&pf_rd_i=4%20mmcraft%20foam%20sheet

I second the foam! I use craft foam for initial mock ups of any large complex patterns I'm working the bugs out of, it saves a lot of work and makes altering the pattern much easier.