Ian

Don't want to make y'all jealous or anything, but....

Check out this cool stuff I scored today - some guy gave me both machines and all the fonts and accessories. The first is a brass name-plate engraver - works great, but I forgot to pick up the drive belt, so couldn't engrave anything

The second is a hot foil press. Also works good, but the first sample is on bridle leather and I think the wax messed up the impression. I made the second impression before the dies were hot enough. On a later attempt, it burned into the leather.

I think I'll find all kinds of uses for these two machines. Now, to find a place to put them and all the type boxes, etc.

111aaaaaa.jpg

111aaaaa.jpg

111aaa.jpg

111aaaa.jpg

post-6120-1245198566_thumb.jpg

post-6120-1245198584_thumb.jpg

post-6120-1245198599_thumb.jpg

post-6120-1245198616_thumb.jpg

Ian, those are two fine tools to have. With some imagination you do lots of things with those two items. Also a little practice maybe required too :))

Damn!!! I'm jealous, but now I know who can do stuff for me...lol.

Hi! Great score! Something that you need to know about the foil machine... Not all foil releases the same way on all leathers. You need to find which foils will release on the leathers that you want to emboss. So make sure that you do a fair bit of experimenting. Different heats can be an issue too. Happy foiling! :)

Kevin

Ek is jaloers!

From my bit of researching foils, my best educated guess for good foil is the folks at Kwik-print.

Wickett & Craig uses their stuff. Give them a call. I think the foil you want is the AF (shiny finish) or AS (satin/matte finish).

I've experimented a bit with Infinity foils and a soldering iron with alphabet stamps, but nothing came about. I've been wanting to try the AS foil to see if the problem I'm having is with the Infinity foil or with my overall methods.

Keep us posted on your printing. Looks good so far.\

http://www.kwik-print.com/

ed

I've been checking out the few similar machines for sale on ebay - seems like it was a better find than I had thought, especially the engraver and all the font sets that came with it.

Kevin, I hadn't considered that there is a difference in leather and paper foils, but you're right. I hope I got the right stuff, because there's about 15 rolls of 24 carat foil that I got with it. It imprints perfectly on veg tan and coated leather, but the bridle and harness leather , not so well. Must be the heavy waxes. Anyway, there are quite a few Ebay sellers that sell both leather and paper foil for this machine. Putting belt sizes and 'Handcrafted in USA' imprints on them would be a couple of things i'll be using this for.