RoyalLeatherDesigns

How Does Your Shop Look Like?

I am going to soon start buying my machinery, tools, and supplies but I was wondering how other members shops or work areas look like. If you wouldn't mind I would like to see what sewing machines you guys have, what arbor press, shop press for molding,you get the point. I am just trying to get ideas and see if there is anything else I need to add to my list. Pictures are awesome they speak a thousand words. So please attach as many as y can. Thanks! GOD BLESS!

Bump

I am going to soon start buying my machinery, tools, and supplies but I was wondering how other members shops or work areas look like. If you wouldn't mind I would like to see what sewing machines you guys have, what arbor press, shop press for molding,you get the point. I am just trying to get ideas and see if there is anything else I need to add to my list. Pictures are awesome they speak a thousand words. So please attach as many as y can. Thanks! GOD BLESS!

Hi Ralph

I noticed you weren't getting answers to your questions and I thought I'd mention

There has already been lots (tons) of info and pictures posted about this already :thumbsup:

and a little searching in the Search Box up there in the upper right corner of the page

will bring you many more posts on pretty much what ever other topic you can think of...

Here's one Show Off! Request. Lets See Your Work Space!

And here's another Show Off Your Bench, Organization, Workshop, And Such...

I would just Love to have more space to be as organized as some of these folks..

You could also do a search for sewing machine, arbor press, or shop press etc. and

join in on the discussions. Sometimes it might work better to bump up a discussion

that has already been started (and others will see it and maybe join in too)

While searching for a topic, sometimes you get more than you asked for, but I have found

some Really Great Information hiding in the posts and links - some that are Very Helpful Tips to remember...

I just found a great tip while searching for these two links for you.. So, Thank you and Good luck and I

Hope this helps...

BTW - Welcome to Leatherworker.net

*Also, I didn't know if you had noticed but if you scroll down below the posts

there will be links to other posts that are similar to the subject...

Edited by LNLeather

My shop currently doubles as our dining room table! I have a few boxes I keep my items stored in and bring them out when I get a chance to work. I would like to eventually get a portable building to use as a shop for leather and other things, but right now, money won't allow!

Thanks LNLeather I did do that but nothing was coming up I had to change the search settings in an iPad things tend to hide sometimes but last night I finally found it, I know it had to be in here somewhere. I spent hours looking at everyone's shop some members even included pictures of their man caves and it motivated me to clean my garage out, that is what I am doing this morning. One member had a vintage Coke Machine Couch conversion it was really cool. So my neighbor has this completely smashed 1964 Ford Mustang thant he's giving away and I am thinking of asking him to cut the trunk are out since he's got all the tools and owes me a favor. I thought about making a couch out of that. I remember in a vocational class we did this with an instructor but the trunk are was out of an old Chevy. The Mustang has a nice charcoal grey paint job on it. It is just completely wrecked in the front area only I would just have to make some simple mods to sheet metal and mock up something out of plywood and upholster what I came up with. I think it's kind of cool ill definitely post pics if my neighbor comes through. Firs things first I need to get this garage clean that project might be a long shot but worth the try I think. Well thanks LN and Jason!

Ralph

.... my neighbor has this completely smashed 1964 Ford Mustang thant he's giving away and I am thinking of asking him to cut the trunk are out since he's got all the tools and owes me a favor. I thought about making a couch out of that. I remember in a vocational class we did this with an instructor but the trunk are was out of an old Chevy. The Mustang has a nice charcoal grey paint job on it. It is just completely wrecked in the front area only I would just have to make some simple mods to sheet metal and mock up something out of plywood and upholster what I came up with. I think it's kind of cool ill definitely post pics if my neighbor comes through.

Ralph

That definitely sounds cool - makes me think of a 67 Camero that was Gun Metal Grey that a friend of mine had...

I hope your neighbor helps with your project. That couch conversion is a great idea and will look good in your

man-cave / leather shop! Best of luck with that.