chapman

Landis Cutter/skiver Model 25

Hey can anyone please help me i want to sell a landis model 25 in very good condition and i don't know what it's worth?? Thanks in advance for all help and comments .. Chapman ps hope these pics help..

post-57108-0-78598000-1428252131_thumb.j

post-57108-0-16906600-1428252212_thumb.j

Hey i must have posted in the wrong area can anyone tell me where to post this????? :oops:Chapman.....

Your machine isn't in all that great condition. Clean it up at least.

Is the knife sharp, pitted, on skiver or trimmer?

As is: Probably worth about $300

ferg

Missed the post earlier. I'd price it around $350-400. Crank skivers always sell pretty well. The upside of that one is that it has a cutter and some people like that. If you are cutting sole leather it is nice. The downside is that it has a cutter and if you don't need it - it takes up more bench space. The more common ones have a deeper throat for the cutter and some need and like that, some don't.

Hey I really appreciate you guys for the comments. The machine is in pretty good shape needs a paint job and the blade sharpened and i will do that i just wanted to get an idea of what it is worth so thanks again and do i post it for sale here or is there an area more suitable? thanks in advance from an old worn out novice.... Chapman..

Hey Bruce while i have your'e attention i value your opinion can you advise me on the best used reasonable splitter and where to get one? do these cheaper ebay splitters work well or are they junk??? I am looking for at least an 8 " model and i'm thinking osbourne.Thanks again Chapman...