DSJackson

Leather Cord: Where Would I Get This?

Hello, I saw this on ebay and was wondering if anyone could tell me what this cord is? It's not anything like leather cord I've used before, it's more rugged looking. The stuff I'm used to seeing is a sort of "laminated" cheap cord most often seen on this type of necklaces. Does anyone know where I might find something like this or what the name of this is?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Sol-Leather-Cord-Mens-Surfer-Necklace-w-Ring-Pendant-/370375376449?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item563c17be41

Check out the auction, the pictures enlarge for a clearer view at what I'm talking about here.

Hello, I saw this on ebay and was wondering if anyone could tell me what this cord is? It's not anything like leather cord I've used before, it's more rugged looking. The stuff I'm used to seeing is a sort of "laminated" cheap cord most often seen on this type of necklaces. Does anyone know where I might find something like this or what the name of this is?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Sol-Leather-Cord-Mens-Surfer-Necklace-w-Ring-Pendant-/370375376449?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item563c17be41

Check out the auction, the pictures enlarge for a clearer view at what I'm talking about here.

It looks like the 2mm (I believe) round goat lacing that you can get from Tandy or AC Moore or Michaels (or Hobby Lobby or many other craft-type stores)... There is also 1mm goat out there, but the 2mm stuff is more useful & it's more rugged.

That looks exactly like the stuff I get from LeathercordUSA.com - 2mm round lace...

Spanish-braided-bracelets.jpg

Here it is in black, it's from the natural dyed section not the regular colour section.

We happily received a full selection of samples in a nice display too when we asked for it.

post-7332-127505403481_thumb.jpg

Thanks very much for the replies. I've got something to go on now :)