longtooth

Singer Long Neck

I do a lot of horse blankets and have the opportunity to purchase the above machine. It's a 30" and the man selling it says it reverses by using the foot pedal. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

It's a double needle machine,you can takeout one needle & run it on one,but you'll still have a wide foot that can be a problem.Yu should be able to tackle any blankets that come along with it,mosy people I know use a standard 10" machine.

Bob

Are you making new or repairing? For repairing rugs I do not usually suggest a high dollar machine as the dust and crap out of a rug can be hard on the hook and shuttle mechanism in particular. Stick to something basic and inexpensive with easy to get (read chap) parts.

Are you making new or repairing? For repairing rugs I do not usually suggest a high dollar machine as the dust and crap out of a rug can be hard on the hook and shuttle mechanism in particular. Stick to something basic and inexpensive with easy to get (read chap) parts.

Hi Anne,

I only repair rugs (horse blankets) that have been cleaned. I need the longer head space so I can maneuver the blanket and keep sewing. I'm planning on converting the head to a single needle.

Hi Anne,

I only repair rugs (horse blankets) that have been cleaned. I need the longer head space so I can maneuver the blanket and keep sewing. I'm planning on converting the head to a single needle.

I'm not completely familiar with this machine but most double needle machines have smaller bobbins.

Simply a result of having two of them rather than one. However, if it is a good enough buy it may be worth it.

That being said, if it is that reasonably priced you could use it until you sell it and use the proceeds to buy what

you really would like to have. :rolleyes:

I'm not completely familiar with this machine but most double needle machines have smaller bobbins.

Simply a result of having two of them rather than one....

Wrong!

As quoted in the details on this web page:

"Extra large bobbins have four times the thread capacity of the Singer 111W, 112W, Class Machines."

Wrong!

As quoted in the details on this web page:

"Extra large bobbins have four times the thread capacity of the Singer 111W, 112W, Class Machines."

Well that's a relief!

I'm more interested in Budweiser Long Necks anyway.

Art

Well that's a relief!

I'm more interested in Budweiser Long Necks anyway.

Art

PRICELESS!

It's interesting that they'd put two of those big bobbins in this flatbed.

There must be a whole fistful of hardware under the table of one of those things.

I'd love to see one.

It's interesting that they'd put two of those big bobbins in this flatbed.

There must be a whole fistful of hardware under the table of one of those things.

I'd love to see one.

The big body, long arm machines are meant for use in sail, tent, sign and canvas shops. They are also used in the car wash industry. Most of the jobs they sew involve the same bobbin thread, in veeeeeeeeery long runs. The large bobbins enable the people using the machines to complete at least one full item, before they change bobbins. They'll use #26 needles, so one can thread them with up to #277 thread. The machines are about 3 feet long. They are very impressive and heavy!

They use them for something in the Air Force too, I bought two brand new ones in a surplus auction at Dayton. I made some money on them in Annapolis, but they were HEAVY.

Art

The big body, long arm machines are meant for use in sail, tent, sign and canvas shops. They are also used in the car wash industry. Most of the jobs they sew involve the same bobbin thread, in veeeeeeeeery long runs. The large bobbins enable the people using the machines to complete at least one full item, before they change bobbins. They'll use #26 needles, so one can thread them with up to #277 thread. The machines are about 3 feet long. They are very impressive and heavy!

They use them for something in the Air Force too, I bought two brand new ones in a surplus auction at Dayton. I made some money on them in Annapolis, but they were HEAVY.

Art

I was wondering if they were used to sew parachutes? No reason why not!