Sign in to follow this  
tchaudry

Four Strand Leather Braided Dog Leash

Someone please help me. I am new and just got interested in leather braiding. I am interested in dog leads and collars. I think I have learned the braiding part somewhat but don't know how to end it so it will stay secure. I am sure I need to make some sorts knot but don't know which one or how to do it. If anybody have any idea please help. Thanks

You should check out the braiding forum further down. They have tutorials on knots, and also youtube has them. I am like you, can braid but can't figure the knots. Good luck. Cheryl

Someone please help me. I am new and just got interested in leather braiding. I am interested in dog leads and collars. I think I have learned the braiding part somewhat but don't know how to end it so it will stay secure. I am sure I need to make some sorts knot but don't know which one or how to do it. If anybody have any idea please help. Thanks

Hello: This lady says what she does in this video. Unfortunately she doesn't show how. But maybe it will give you some ideas.

There are a lot of braiding videos on Youtube.

If you are not using a core, I have found a crown knot to be both functional and decorative. If using a core, the lace needs to be bound to the core, then a turksheads braided over it. Or if braiding through a ring there is another method that has been talked about in the braiding forum in a couple threads. They should appear on the first page. I braid but dont go through rings so dont feel qualified to give the information on those methods.