Sign in to follow this  
TrustCommunicationConsent

Older Walking Foot, Leather Sewing Machines

This is the makes and models that have s far been recommended to me. It occured to me that having them in a list Might help other new people to sewing not have to ask as many questions as I have been asking. I am attaching it as an excell sheet ao that it is easy to change. Would love any additions or comments on machines that maybe should not be there.

Would like to add the info on how to tell by looking if a machine is a walking foot machine. sooooooo

How can you tell if a machine is a walking foot machine by looking at it?

Sorry it said i was not allowed to upload that type of file. I will gladly send it to anyone who asks and am posting the data I currently have below:

Pfaff 545Juki, 1541Consew 206RB-5, Singer 111W155, Juki LU-562, Juki LU-563, National 306N

Servo motors are great for starting out gently and limiting the top speed but if you run the motor really slow, you'll find it does not have enough torque to plow thru really heavy leather.

3:1 speed reducer will multiply the sewing torque by 3x. That means you can run the machine really slow and still have enough torque.

Edited by TrustCommunicationConsent

This is the makes and models that have s far been recommended to me. It occured to me that having them in a list Might help other new people to sewing not have to ask as many questions as I have been asking. I am attaching it as an excell sheet ao that it is easy to change. Would love any additions or comments on machines that maybe should not be there.

Would like to add the info on how to tell by looking if a machine is a walking foot machine. sooooooo

How can you tell if a machine is a walking foot machine by looking at it?

Sorry it said i was not allowed to upload that type of file. I will gladly send it to anyone who asks and am posting the data I currently have below:

Pfaff 545Juki, 1541Consew 206RB-5, Singer 111W155, Juki LU-562, Juki LU-563, National 306N

Servo motors are great for starting out gently and limiting the top speed but if you run the motor really slow, you'll find it does not have enough torque to plow thru really heavy leather.

3:1 speed reducer will multiply the sewing torque by 3x. That means you can run the machine really slow and still have enough torque.

All of those are excellent machines, but some may and really work and do the same things, more or less. Have you considered calling some of the really good dealers who contribute here for some information? A ten minute telephone call can equil days of posting.

All of those are excellent machines, but some may and really work and do the same things, more or less. Have you considered calling some of the really good dealers who contribute here for some information? A ten minute telephone call can equil days of posting.

Rhank you and yes I have, they simply did not have anything in my price range.