stelmackr

Bob Beard’s Jeweled Scarab Class

This day and a half class focuses on the setting of a gemstone into leather. Our subject will be an embossed Scarab Beetle. This pattern and stone setting technique can be used on a variety of future projects.

Beveling, matting, backgrounding, filigreeing, plus embossing and coloring techniques will also be explained, demonstrated and practiced during this course.

Leather, colors, and finishes are included and will be supplied for the students. Gemstones that are to be set will be available at my cost. The stones I select for this project generally cost around $8.00 to $15.00 each depending on the type, size, and quality of the stones.

All skill levels in leather craft are welcome. This project is designed for a beginner as well as the master crafts person.

Date: Tentatively scheduled for Aug 2-3 (Saturday/Sunday) 2008.

Time: 10 AM to 5 PM Saturday, 10 AM to 2 PM Sunday

Location: Lions Club in Rathdrum, Idaho. Easy to find, just 25 miles east of Spokane, WA via Trent Avenue (Hwy 53) or take I90 to Hwy 41 exit just east of Post Falls, ID and head north for 7 miles. Hwy 41 turns into Hwy 53 at light in Rathdrum. Go past High School and Super 1 Foods on right hand side then look for bright yellow bldg just east of Pine Grove Cemetery on left hand side. About 3 city blocks from light.

Cost: $170. An $85 non refundable deposit is required to reserve your spot. If the class is cancelled for any reason, your money will be refunded.

Facilities: The Lions Club has 6 RV sites with electrical and water hookups available for $15 per night. Let us know in advance if you want one of these reserved for you.

The Cedar Springs Bed and Breakfast (www.cedarsprings-bb.com) is located near Rathdrum. Call Ellen Larson at 888.441.9585 for accommodations and mention that you are taking the leather class.

Contact person:

Ken Bush

White Rose Leather

11923 E. Fairview Ave

Spokane Valley, WA 99206

whiterosex@aol.com

to far for me but would like to see what a finished one looks like.If you could post a pic Id apreciate it. Bonnie

...but would like to see what a finished one looks like.If you could post a pic Id apreciate it. Bonnie

I have not been to the class, but here is the promotion picture:

Bob_Beard_Scarab_Class.jpg

Bob Stelmack

post-82-1204173530_thumb.jpg

Is there another class at the same location this summer? Soemtimes my memory is off, but I seem to remember a while back about a class. Differant subject, same location. I think it was on weekdays, not the weekend too.

Aaron