Sign in to follow this  
budd4766

Grizzly Pattern Needed...

I'm working on a day planner for a friend who wants a grizzly tooled on the cover. (His nickname is Bear). I've done the search here, and haven't found anything, so I'm wondering if you guys might have a grizzly drawing on-hand, and if I could have a copy of it?

I need a decent tooling pattern, (preferably of a grizzly, but I suspect most any "real" looking bear would do), that I can scale down and carve in a 4 1/2" x 7 1/2" area.

Currently, I'm working a job where I won't have access to leatherworker.net except on the weekends, I won't be able to view this post during the week, or respond, so I'm putting my email address here for you to send a pattern too. I would really appreciate any help.

buddkeith@yahoo.com

While I'm on the subject, some of you who make patterns out of photographs, would you be interested in a tutorial of how you do that?

Check out CarvingPatterns.com. Lora Irish does a lot of wood carving patterns and I know she has some great bear pattern packs. They are downloadable and you can scale them in the computer to whatever size you need. There are no photocarve patterns, but you can also find info on carving bears in Al Stohlman's Figure Carving Finesse. (Recommended, BTW!)

Dave T.

Have you checked the ones on Jim Linnel's web site? I think I remember a Grizzly or some sort of bear in ones of his patterns. It might be smaller and need to be scaled up, but that would probably help. Otherwise look for a drawing or photo and convert it to a pattern yourself.

I'm working on a day planner for a friend who wants a grizzly tooled on the cover. (His nickname is Bear). I've done the search here, and haven't found anything, so I'm wondering if you guys might have a grizzly drawing on-hand, and if I could have a copy of it?

Try Great Book of Tattoo Designs: More than 500 Body Art Designs http://www.amazon.com/Great-Book-Tattoo-Designs-More/dp/1565233328/ref=sr_1_4?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1279569070&sr=1-4 I have it and find it useful. There is even one of a grz wiht trout that I wouldn't mind having as a tatoo myseld.