Sign in to follow this  
Echo4V

Saddle Horn Source

I'm looking for a source to buy a saddle horn. I would prefer a brass horn but if I can't get one I'll take whatever material I can get. I want to put a horn on a McClellan saddle for my son to ride. This saddle is in pretty rough shape and will have to be completely rebuilt anyway so I'm going to rebuild it into a McClellan packer's saddle instead of the cavalry or artillery styles. It's meant to have an uncovered brass horn so that's what I'm looking for. I also need some brass rigging rings if anyone knows where I can get them.

Here's a link to what I'm hoping my end result will be.

http://www.militaryhorse.org/studies/mcclellan/m1913.php

Thanks

David

Herb Bork or Boise Foundary should have everything you are looking for. I don't have the contact info in front of me at the moment but I'm sure someone will post it before i get it done.

Herb and Nadine Bork 541-276-5207 We have had a polished brass horn from them that was very nice. This phone number is current.

Boise Foundry 208-375-4672 It has been a while since we call them but I expect the phone number to be the same.

Thanks for the info folks.

I called Herb Bork one day for a saddle horn. I had the broken one in front of me while on the phone. I made the measurements he asked for while talking with him. A week later and less than $20.00, I had a new horn in hand. It fit perfectly on the saddle I was repairing.

I would highly recommend Herb on this project.

Joe