Sign in to follow this  
Bronson

Angelus Dyes

I keep reading about the superiority of Angelus dyes. I did a search and found that they don't sell direct. So, does anybody have a good recommendation for a retailer? Conversely, any places I should avoid? I looked at a few but it seems most only sell in the small bottles. I did find one that sold pints for $10.00 ...is that a good price? I'd like the bigger bottles because I'd like to try dipping the leather in the dye.

Thanks,

Bronson

You can buy direct from them. They do not mind at all. Great company to deal with.

I looked at Turtle Feather's and didn't see an option for the larger bottles. Now, I'm not sayin' it isn't there just that I didn't see it ...two completely different things :P

Same thing goes for ordering direct from them. I didn't see any prices or online ordering info, just a link to distributors.

I'll have to go back and dig around their sites some more.

Thanks,

Bronson

I looked at Turtle Feather's and didn't see an option for the larger bottles. Now, I'm not sayin' it isn't there just that I didn't see it ...two completely different things :P

Same thing goes for ordering direct from them. I didn't see any prices or online ordering info, just a link to distributors.

I'll have to go back and dig around their sites some more.

Thanks,

Bronson

Here's the link, both 3oz and pints...

http://turtlefeathers.net/text/angelus/dye.html

ps.

Don't forgett the "Neutral color/Reduser" this one alowes you to reduce and get millions of shades as well:-)

Edited by Tina

Here's the link, both 3oz and pints...

http://turtlefeathers.net/text/angelus/dye.html

ps.

Don't forgett the "Neutral color/Reduser" this one alowes you to reduce and get millions of shades as well:-)

Oops, my bad. Turtle Feather's was the one I found that did have the pint bottles. I was mistakenly thinking of a different site. So, it looks like Turtle Feather's it is.

Oh, why would I need millions of shades? I'm a guy, the only colors that exsit for me are black, dark brown, & medium brown :P:rolleyes:

Bronson

Oops, my bad. Turtle Feather's was the one I found that did have the pint bottles. I was mistakenly thinking of a different site. So, it looks like Turtle Feather's it is.

Oh, why would I need millions of shades? I'm a guy, the only colors that exsit for me are black, dark brown, & medium brown :P:rolleyes:

Bronson

*LOL*...The dyes are very pigment strong, the med. brown is rather dark, just a small tip:-)

*LOL*...The dyes are very pigment strong, the med. brown is rather dark, just a small tip:-)

And that tip is greatly appreciated. It also means that I only need TWO colors (black and med. brown) and some reducer :yeah:

Bronson

As others have stated Angelus does sell direct. My experience with them have always been good. I would recommend getting a small quantity to experiment with color choices. The color chart at Turtle Feathers is about useless of leather. When ordering any quanity a quart (I think) or over you have to pay an addational hazaderous handling charge. I belive you can get up to 4 gallons on the same handling charge.