Sign in to follow this  
Phil2011

The Softest Boots I Made

Hi! Eight years ago, my gf of that time told me she wondered if I could make a pair of soft soled boots for her, as soft as possible. She told me that her wish was for "leather socks" she could wear at home, as slippers. Here are the boots I made for her: 30upc08.jpg1xjz9.jpginwxl5.jpg She enjoyed them a lot and she used to wear them every evening at home. Her size was 38EUR (10" long, or 25,5cm). Only one regret: I didn't have enough leather to make these boots knee-high...

post-27007-0-81419500-1369078063_thumb.j

post-27007-0-41322400-1369078080_thumb.j

post-27007-0-97368600-1369078091_thumb.j

those are beautiful nice work! I have recently started making myself shoes and have realised just hwo hard it is to get the pattern right

Those look very soft.

Thanks a lot for your comments, Half Goat and Black Rivet! Yes, it's rather difficult to make footwear without pre-existing patterns! I've had do make various attempts on my gf's feet to get the right design!.. You're right, Black Rivet, these boots are extremely soft! I intentionally used the softest parts of my leather piece to make the feet and soles to reach my gf's wish about "leather socks". Of course there is no lining and no insole. She most oftenly enjoyed to wear her boots barefeet, or with socks in winter time.

those are beautiful nice work! I have recently started making myself shoes and have realised just hwo hard it is to get the pattern right

You can tape up a long sock around the foot, draw where you want the seams, and cut the tape and sock off. Add a bit for the seam allowance, and you have a basic pattern.