azrider

European Belt Sizes

I am totally lost on European belt sizes. I had an inquriy from a German company, and need to figure this out. I have a couple of questions, if anyone here or from the other side of the pond can help.

1) Are the belt sizes every five centimeters? Such as 90, 95, 100, etc?

2) When some one tells me they need a 34 inch belt, I will typicly add 4 inches, and make the smallest hole on the belt at 38 inches. Is that the same with a 90cm belt?

Unless I don't understand the problem correctly, why not google and print out a conversion chart for metric?

pete

Thank you for the reply, Pete. The problem I am having isn't making belts in a metric size, its knowing if there are standard sizes. The request for a quote was for "5 belts each in european sizes 90-105." It seems silly to make a bunch of belts one centimeter longer than each other, so I am trying to figure out if there are standard sizes in European belts, i.e. 90, 95, 100, and 105, so I can determine how many belts to make. I don't think I am wording the question well, but based on what he asked, I don't know how many belts he is expecting a quote for. I just didn't know if there were standard sizes belts are typicly made in Europe.

Generally, from what I've seen and made, in the UK belt sizes are by 2 inch increments using even sizes (32", 34", 36", etc).

Adjustment of the belt is usually by 1" increments with the belt size being the centre of 5 (or sometimes 7) adjustment holes.

So you're on the right lines as 1" = approx 2.5 cm or 25mm.

We Brits really love the metric system.

Gary

Correct, UK/Euro waist sizes are every 2 " but hole spacings are every 1".

Thank you guys, that helps a lot.

I'm not an expert in this area at all, but i've got an Italian belt here that I bought before I started leatherwork, which is marked "4001 - 110".

No idea what the 4001 refers to :)

110 refers to total length in centimeters, ! excluding the buckle !, but including the hole end (20 cm in total ~8in). The buckle is another 4 cm.

5 holes spaced out by 1 in.