Alamo

Prototype Bag Is Done, Learned A Lot From It

So I was finally able to get the bag finished, and by doing this prototype I learned a tremendous amount that will be very helpful for the next bags to come. Definitely not perfect, but I'm glad that I was able to get a functional bag to work out on my first try.

Things that I learned from doing this:

• Add the bag stiffener last..hard to flip inside out and back with it in at the beginning.
  • Don't go crazy when pulling the stitching. There are places that are wrinkling and puckering from me getting the stitching too tight.
  • Give yourself a little allowance to account for minor errors. I came short when attaching the top section to the bottom, so I had to add material to compensate.
  • Stitch the zipper onto the top portion before attaching the top and the bottom parts together.

The bags that I will be making in the future will be fully lined on the inside and might have a slightly longer handle, but besides that, they will be dimensionally identical.

Let me know what you guys think, and if you have any other suggestions for further improvement. :cowboy:

Real nice bag... I don't have any doubt your next one will be even better.