Sign in to follow this  
Eric Pikey

My First Bible Cover...

I'm new to the site, but am enjoying learing from all you pro's out there. This is my first Bible/book cover. I'd be glad to hear what you all think.

Thanks.

IMG_124.jpg

IMG_1249.jpg

post-13242-126629869736_thumb.jpg

post-13242-126629888876_thumb.jpg

Edited by Eric Pikey

Sweet, thumb indexed, even :)

Tooling looks pretty good. Neat and clean ... love the open space. Only difference I would make is to use "natural' thread (match the color of your work) and maybe knock down the edges of the design with a modeling spoon (just enough to take off the hard edge). Nice...

I'm new to the site, but am enjoying learing from all you pro's out there. This is my first Bible/book cover. I'd be glad to hear what you all think.

Thanks.

IMG_124.jpg

IMG_1249.jpg

Looks pretty nice to me. Unless I'm missing my bet, those corner patterns are from Dover's "Florid Victorian Ornaments." And if so, glad to see you're using them. They're a bit different than so many of the "standard" ones. The piece looks pretty nice. Myself, I prefer the look of machine stitching (although I understand not everyone has a machine.)

Let's see more.

Harvey

Los ANgeles

VERY nice! I really like the layout and execution. Simple but interesting to look at.

Well done!!

pete

Looks pretty nice to me. Unless I'm missing my bet, those corner patterns are from Dover's "Florid Victorian Ornaments." And if so, glad to see you're using them. They're a bit different than so many of the "standard" ones. The piece looks pretty nice. Myself, I prefer the look of machine stitching (although I understand not everyone has a machine.)

Let's see more.

Harvey

Los ANgeles

The corners are actually just a craftaid I purchased at my local Tandy store. But I think I'll look into the Florid Victorian Ornaments you mentioned.

And yes I will someday add a sewing machine to my leathercraft arsenal some day.