rdb

Project for the day

This guy came up with a way to attach a small trailer to his Vulcan motorcycle. Then he started to cover the platform in a black vinyl, with spots. He put his sissyback on the trailer. Then he figgers he'ld rather have somebody else do the rest....lucky me.

He wanted the fenders and the tow bar wrapped and spotted. Now I'm no upholsterer, but I said sure...

So he gives me some vinyl, and drives off.

I took the fenders off, and went into the shop. After calculating what I needed I cut the vinyl. Good thing I figgered right cause there was just barely enough to do the job.

With a can of liner spray adhesive, a rule, scissors, and spots I became an upholsterer this morning. I never did this, but for some reason a little tuck and roll at each corner worked, and about 4 hrs later, I was done.

He's the President of the local Antique car guys, so I figgered if it looked alright when I was done, it might just bring a little more business in...there must be thousands of guys who want to wrap their motorcycle trailer fenders in leather or vinyl....lol

Anywho, for the picture starved in all of us, here it is....

fender1.jpg

bar1.jpg

trailer1.jpg

post-5140-1206476835_thumb.jpg

post-5140-1206476861_thumb.jpg

post-5140-1206476884_thumb.jpg

Amazing what people will think up. That's definately one thing I have NEVER seen before, great job though rdb.

Ken

Sweet job! I think it probably look a whole lot better than before.

Tom

This is cool. Great, now I have to buy a trailer and then wrap it....lol, jk. I love random projects. I have a couple of sailer belts to lengthen the tips on. Just random stuff.

Thanx guys. I knew you'ld get it!

Yep, Spider, random is the operative word. PS. you'll need the ACME Belt Stretcher to lengthen those belts.