wlg190861

Applying Fiish

I've tried in the past to use Resolene in the past, I like the finish but, I can't apply without streaks.. How do you do it ? I am thinking of buying a sprayer. Does anyone know where I can buy a good one.

Thank you

Dan

Dan, . . . when using Resolene, . . . the very first thing you need to do is dilute it with water.

Do it on a 1 to 1 basis, . . . 10 oz of Resolene, . . . 10 oz of water, . . . stir briskly for about 30 seconds, . . . you are then ready.

I actually keep mine in a Skippy Peanut butter jar after I've mixed it.

I have sprayed it on with a little air brush I bought from Harbor Freight, . . . about $15, . . . works well, . . . but you MUST clean it thoroughly after spraying Resolene through it.

I also use the cheap, . . . 1 inch wide, . . . bristle brush (looks like a little cheap paint brush, . . . which it is), . . . from Harbor freight. I start with applying a good wet coat, . . . wet enough that I can brush back and forth on the surface and begin to make a froth of the finish.

At that point, quit adding material, . . . begin soft stroking the piece with the brush, . . . left, right, up, down, sideways, . . . until you have brushed out all the bubbles. At that point, . . . hang it up to dry.

May God bless,

Dwight

I have had good luck with these sprayers while I am shopping for a decent air brush system:

1-2770-preval-spray-gun-l.jpg

They are available at Home Depot, and extra jars and sprayers are available separately,

Cya!

Bob