ChuckBurrows

Rawhide Maul

Any retail suppliers out there for rawhide mauls especially the handles? Tandy/LF has the the Al Stohlman brand but at a pretty hefty retail price........

Any help is most appreciated...

Birdsall Leather carries rawhide mauls. Weaver Leather and Barry King carry nylon mauls.

Chuck, i have only found the old better ones on E-bay. al lot of them were not cheap.

but i did find 2 in the $50.00 range, over a perion of 2 years.

"now how do i get them apart." to replace the rawhide....

Chuck, I forgot to mention another source....Bob Douglas in Sheridan. His number is 307/737-2222.

Thanks all - I've got a gent who bought my DVD and was wondering where to get one.

Actually I've built a couple using the replacement heads, iron pipe, with large washers and nuts and used some lead to get the weight what I wanted. I then covered the pipe handle with leather......it's still one of my favorites......I've tried the poly/nylon heads, but just don;t care for them......too old and set in my ways I reckon...

Try www.leathergears.com the place is Rogers Manufacturing and his raw hide mauls start at 2 lbs. I don't know what his prices are.

Tucker