Sign in to follow this  
pete

wanted- pattern or holster

Do any of you superb holster makers have a pattern for a Springfield Armory XD sub-compact 3" 9mm? Better yet- would any of you like to make one for me? I would like a pancake forward cant style to handle up to 1 1/2 " belt.

pete

Interesting, I just came up from the basement after working on a pattern for that pistol, Not sure if the bluegun I have is a 9mm or not. If it works out I will post some pictures in a day or so.

Interesting, I just came up from the basement after working on a pattern for that pistol, Not sure if the bluegun I have is a 9mm or not. If it works out I will post some pictures in a day or so.

forgot to add- it's the sub-compact model and I'm right handed.

pete

The bluegun I have is an XD40 Compact so not sure if it will work

Well, I put it together and of course miss measured, It ended up fitting a Mini Compact .45 made by Springfield Armory. It is drying right now, and I have some photos, but my batteries died, so I will post them when they have recharged. Still have a little work to do like cut out the belt slots, burnish, finish dye or oil etc.Here they are.....

P1010048.JPG

P1010049.JPG

P1010050.JPG

post-4868-1228963413_thumb.jpg

post-4868-1228963457_thumb.jpg

post-4868-1228963501_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jordan

more

P1010051.JPG

P1010052.JPG

P1010053.JPG

post-4868-1228963665_thumb.jpg

post-4868-1228963701_thumb.jpg

post-4868-1228963739_thumb.jpg

I suppose I should get back to part of the original question, I used graph paper to make the pattern cutting and taping the various parts until I found a shape I liked that pretty much fit around the pistol leaving the back piece sort of flat. Which makes the front piece much wider in order to wrap around the pistol. Then I unfolded everything and transfered it to card stock. Then transfered it to the leather, cut it out and freehanded the stitching grooves. Edge beveled and sewed it together, wet the entire thing and formed it with the pistol, my hands and a plastic edge creaser. Of course as usual it ended up the wrong width for the XD40 as it is a very thick gun( experimentation is the fun part, frustration it don't fit is not) but as luck would have it I had a bluegun mini compact .45 that did fit so I was able to save the day so to speak. LOL As to the other part of the question, pete if you think it would fit your pistol send me a pm and I will see what I can do.