Sign in to follow this  
Elwood Turner

Sanata Ynez latigo from Seigel of California

I have never used the Sanata Ynez latigo from Seigel of California and was wondering if anyone who uses it could tell if the 9oz will work for saddle latigos, is it heavey enough to withstand heavey roping or does it have to much streatch?

Any input would be appreceated.

Elwood

Elwood the Hot-Stuffed Latigo from Fox Valley Tanners in North Salt Lake City Utah is some of the nicest latigo I have ever worked with. When you order from them make sure you emphasize the weight you want as they will tend to gauge them lighter than requested but will pay attention if you make it clear. I feel 9oz is more than adequate for a latigo or half-breed, those real heavy ones are so danged bulky and I believe they wear out faster due to the fact your fenders and stirrup leathers catch on them more cause they stick out further. Greg

I've been making latigos and half breeds out of it for a while, good stuff, no complaints.

Elwood the Hot-Stuffed Latigo from Fox Valley Tanners in North Salt Lake City Utah is some of the nicest latigo I have ever worked with. ..............

How does it compare to Weaver's premium latigo?