I just acquired an Adler 105-64 leather sewing machine. I am looking for the user manual that goes with it so that I can make sure I have it threaded right. If anyone has one, please let me know. Any other helpful info on it will be greatly appreciated. THANK YOU

I just acquired an Adler 105-64 leather sewing machine. I am looking for the user manual that goes with it so that I can make sure I have it threaded right. If anyone has one, please let me know. Any other helpful info on it will be greatly appreciated. THANK YOU

Hi,

In the blog of Thomas Brinkhoff , head of spare part business Dürkopp Adler AG.

http://sew24.blogspot.no/p/downloads.html

You will find a download section of vintage technical documents. There you will find spare part lists and manuals of the class 104 (flatbed) and 105 (cyl.bed). Because they are the same machine you will often find them in the same manual.

All subclasses of the 104/105 threads the same.

When you start the download nothing will appear on your screen before its done, just be patient and wait for it (the manual its 32 MG in size) . For that same reason I will not be able to send you a copy of my manual by email. The 105-64 will sew different layers better with a roulette roller foot, CowboyBob (of Toledo Industrial sewing machine) sells them.

Good luck with your new fine machine.

Tor

Can you tell me what kind of needles will work with it? I got the manual earlier today but it is kinda vague on some details. I am hoping to be able to run a small enough needle and thread in it to do chaps with and then still be able to change out the needle and thread and do heavier weight stuff like breast collars and saddles with it.

We have the needles in stock.

Edited by CowboyBob

Can you tell me what kind of needles will work with it? I got the manual earlier today but it is kinda vague on some details. I am hoping to be able to run a small enough needle and thread in it to do chaps with and then still be able to change out the needle and thread and do heavier weight stuff like breast collars and saddles with it.

Hi,

They all use the 328 system, size from Nm 160 to 230. (except the Adler 105-8025 who uses 794 size 180 to 300)

You may be able to use one size bigger, but observe if the needle comes in contact with the hook. Any smaller size than Nm160 then the distance needle - hook will be to big and stitch error can occur (mainly skipping stitches). The 328 system is shorter than todays heavy stitcher's system the 794, but still any smaller than size 160 will be very long and thin. It can easily bend away from the hook and even break. An other issue is the bobbin tension, you need a new shuttle (bobbin house and spring) to tension thin thread. Any wear on those part and you will not be able to obtain enough tension on the bobbin thread. Adler did supply these machines with two shuttles, one for thin and one for thick thread if necessary (same shuttle but to solve this problem). You will be able to use from Tex 135 to 400 (Tkt 20 to 8) with a new shuttle (bobbin house and spring) You may be able to go bigger, but not smaller. When you use the machine with heavy thread for some time it will wear the bobbin house and not be able to tension enough for thin thread. So if you are going to use this machine with both thin and thick thread be prepared to buy a new shuttle. This way you do not have to adjust the small screws in the bobbin house and wear them out too. This is the same for any heavy lock stitcher. Most workshops have more than one machine and use these for heavy threads.

Thank you everyone